- Why should I select Stateline as my house cleaning or Janitorial service?
Is Stateline insured and bonded?
- Our Quality Assurance program gives you confidence that our high quality cleaning standards are followed by our highly trained employees who care about the work they do in your home or business. By sharing the way Stateline is doing business, you too contribute to a more balanced and fair way to treat the people who clean your home or business. We are completely committed to the continuous improvement of all our procedures and policies.
- Our people, value what they receive and value the homes and businesses they clean. Our commitment to high standards of quality and our dedication to client satisfaction have created our success. We invest in training and development of our employees in order to bring to the market the very best in professionalism and latest in industry trends. We have been servicing satisfied clients since 2011.
What happens if one of Stateline’s employees has an accident in my home or business?
- Yes, Stateline carries full coverage for breakage or damage to home or office and contents. All employees are bonded for your peace of mind.
Do I have to be home when you clean?
- An accident or injury in your home during cleaning time is covered under our workers’ compensation program and does not involve the homeowners or business owner’s insurance in any way.
Do you bring the cleaning supplies and equipment?
- Only if you wish to be home. Most of our clients give us a key as it is the most convenient way for them. All keys are identified by a code without a name and address attached to it. They are kept in a secure locked space in our office. Should you not wish to give us a key, we are happy to make other arrangements for access to your home or office.
How do I pay you?
- Absolutely! We bring everything we need to get your home sparkling! We would be pleased to accommodate you should you wish us to use your own preferred brands. Our cleaning products are environmentally friendly and are also available for purchase. Please contact us for further information on purchasing our product line.
Will someone come to my home to give me an estimate?
- We accept cash, check or credit card. We ask for payment on the day of service. Cash or check may be left on the counter for our crew leader to pick up. If payment isn’t received at the time of service a financing fee will be applied. In the event of a returned check, we reserve the right to assess a $30 fee.
How about references?
- We are happy to give you an estimate in your home or a rough estimate over the phone. Please call the office 908.343.6447 to schedule or submit the form on this site.
Will you send the same cleaning crew each time?
- We gladly give references our satisfied clients.
What should I do before you arrive?
- We make every attempt to do that, however we may have to switch personnel in the event of an illness or vacation. If we send a substitute, you can be assured that we are sending a skilled, trained technician and there is always a supervisor in the home or business. The crew carries specific instructions about what we do in your home or business and the work is checked by the supervisor.
Does Stateline guarantee a quality service?
- Please remove any items that may delay our cleaning personnel in the cleaning of your home or business. This will maximize efficiency and minimize the time we spend cleaning your home or business.
- Your children are your treasures and for their safety, we ask that they be supervised during our visit. Even though we use Eco friendly products and equipment, we don’t want accidents harming your precious treasures.
- We know also that your pets are important members of your family so we ask that you secure them for their safety as well as ours.
- Unfortunately we are not able to clean up after pets.
- Entry into your home is necessary for us to do our work. We ask that we have access through a key or other prior arrangement that has been made with our office. If you have an alarm, we are happy to disarm it with the alarm code you give us or you have to option to leave the alarm off on cleaning day. From time to time, our crews have arrived to find they cannot get into the home or business. We of course pay them for their time and in doing so we have to bill our clients for 50% of the service that would have been performed.
What if I don't feel comfortable giving my credit card information over the phone or the Internet?
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- We inspect our work before leaving your house. If, after your inspection, you find our service unsatisfactory, you can contact us within 48 hours so we can correct the issue the next day. Refunds are not offered however we are happy to correct any mistakes we made.
How will our relationship work?
- To help protect your identity, we offer Paypal to keep your credit card information private. Paypal does not release identifiable information to Stateline and is considered to be extremely safe. Remember to always make sure that you’re on a secured site by checking the address starts with HTTPS and there is a lock symbol in your browser. We also issue to all our technicians a credit card machine to use with their phones and payment can be obtain at the time or service.
Do you have contracts with discounted pricing?
- We depend on open communication and your candid evaluation of our service. If you are happy, tell a friend, if not, please tell us. Also, let us know of ways we can serve you better. You may call, email or complete the feedback form on our website.
What happens if my appointment is canceled by Stateline?
- We can offer contracts at a discounted price for residential and commercial clients with the option to cancel any time with no penalties. A contract runs for 12 months, provided it is not canceled before that time. By providing your credit card number and doing business with Stateline, you agree to accept all of Stateline’s policies, prices, terms, procedures for cancellation, rescheduling terms, terms and conditions of Stateline’s Satisfaction Guarantee as stated in writing on our website.
What happens if I can't be home during those hours? Can I give you a key?
- We kindly ask clients to understand that we depend on people to provide our services. These workers, as we all do, sometimes become ill, have emergencies or need to tend to unexpected situations with their families and children. Like all employers, despite our best efforts, employees may need time away. During Holiday or winter snow periods, our cleaning staff is often scheduled for multiple jobs in a given day. Should someone become ill or otherwise be unable to work, we attempt to juggle schedules or send supervisors into the field. We regret that sometimes that is not enough to allow us to meet all scheduled appointments. When clients prefer certain cleaners and a substitution is not possible, we will work to reschedule the preferred cleaner for the next available appointment time. If that is the case, we contact our clients with as much notice as possible and (if possible) reschedule the appointment. In addition, a discount and credit is offered for your next visit.
What will Stateline do in my home or business?
- Most of our clients are usually not home or in the business during normal business hours and typically like to come home to a clean house or come into a clean business the next day. Many clients supply us with a key to their home or business; give us a code to enter through their garage and or alarms. We really discourage having our customers hide the key outside of the home or business for obvious security reasons. We have secure procedures for controlling keys to our customers' homes and businesses.
At what time will the Stateline team be at my home or business?
- We are eager to customize our services to meet your unique needs and expectations. For more detailed information or in-depth assistance consider reviewing our packages. We will do our best to accommodate all of your cleaning needs.
Am I potentially liable for worker's compensation insurance or taxes?
- We offer one-time, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly service. Our normal work days are Monday through Saturday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM for residential customer. Commercial clients cleaning hours will be after client’s business hours Monday - Saturday. Special hours may be arranged upon request. We will try our very best to be there at our scheduled time but please allow up to a 60 minute window period in case of bad weather.
Do I need to mention that I have pets?
- No. Many homeowners and business owners are not aware of their potential personal liability for work-related injury and Federal taxes for independent home-service workers. All liability issues fall under Stateline, so don't worry, we take care of this for you.
What if my cleaning falls on a holiday?
- Stateline loves pets. However, all dogs small, medium and large must be confined, locked away or removed from the premises before our employees can begin work. Due to insurance and liability reasons, we reserve the right to refuse to perform any services until all pets are contained.
How many people will be cleaning?
- If your scheduled cleaning falls on the observance of a major holiday, we will contact you to reschedule your service.
What if something is damaged or broken by a technician?
- Depending on your needs, the size of your home or business and staff availability, there may be an individual cleaner, or a team of 2, 3, 4 or even more. Stateline may substitute a worker or provide additional worker(s) to reduce the time spent on-site but will not change the billing total. For example, if you are scheduled for one cleaner with a 3 hour time limit, we reserve the right to send two cleaners who would complete the job in half the time at no additional charge to you.
What if I have to reschedule or cancel my appointment?
- We ask that you put away any fragile items and other valuables. For example, we recommend you personally clean such items as wedding glasses, china, gift items, etc. We do our very best to not break or damage our client’s belongings, but accidents do happen. In the event that our staff should break or damage an item, please notify our office within 24 hours. Stateline is not responsible for damage due to faulty and/or improper use or installation of any item. All surfaces (i.e., marble, granite) are assumed sealed and ready to be cleaned without causing them harm. Stateline assumes that all areas are ready and properly installed to be cleaned or worked on by Stateline. (Example: Let's say there is a lose tile, but Stateline was not aware prior to the cleaning. If the tile falls off while cleaning, Stateline is not responsible for the damage.)
What if i am late to let the crew in the location?
- You must cancel or reschedule your appointment 48 hours in advance or you will be charged a fee of 50% of the service that would have been performed. We reserve the right to charge all fees to the credit card on file. If we show up and are locked out, a $35 per person Lock out fee applies.
How often should my home or business need to be cleaned?
- If you are running late to let the crew in the location, we kindly ask for you to give us a call so Stateline can let the crew know that you will be running late. Please be aware that if your appointment is a 1pm and your 15 minutes late, the clock starts at 1 pm and you will lose those 15 minutes. In most cases the crew has another appointment and has to stay on schedule.
Does A First Time House Cleaning Take Longer Than A Maintenance/Routine House Cleaning?
- Frequency of cleaning depends on several factors
- Some of the things that may lead a home owner or business owner to consider more frequent cleaning include:
- Smokers in the household, Pets that shed high amounts of hair and dander.
- Residents or employees with allergies or asthma who might benefit from a reduction in the amount of indoor pollutants in the home or business.
- After any home or business renovations or remodeling, or Prior to occupancy of a new home or business.
- Yes, House cleaning is hard work. The first time we come in to clean your home or office, the job of scrubbing is intense as we strive to get all areas cleaned up to our high standards.
- Depending on the initial level of grime and clutter, a first-time cleaning can take up to 2 times longer than your subsequent cleanings.
Proudly serving Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Phillipsburg and surrounding communities